Re: MR: Stone of Scone

Poster: carl christianson <einar@cvn.net>

Alfredo el Bufon wrote:

>By chance, I just happened to hear Paul Harvey (the
>conservative syndicated radio columnist) say that
>the Stone of Scone has been returned!
>
>Why isn't it _all_over_ the news?
>
>Why did it take seven centuries?
>
>Why now, after seven centuries?
>(Why not in 1601, when England came under the Scots crown?)
>
>Could this be a prelude to independence?

Elen Prydydd responds:

If that really did happen, then all I can say is "Up yours, Longshanks!!"
<evil laugh>  And I'll bet that Prince Llywyllyn ap Gruffydd and William
Wallace, both resistors of Edward's tyranny, are rolling on heaven's floor,
laughing and drinking copious amounts of mead and whiskey in celebration.

Who knows, maybe it's a prelude to QEII coming to her senses about her
heir...hmm.  *Are* there any Stewarts left with a sufficient claim?

Elen (chuckling in heretical glee)

I may have a Welsh persona, but, mundanely, my mother's bloodline is good Scots!
And Jacobite, at that!