Re: MR: Wlonk update

Poster: Dick Eney <dickeney@access.digex.net>

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Fred Homan wrote:
> Poster: homan@nando.net (Fred Homan)
>
> I couldn't resist adding the "y" to wlonk just to see how it
> sounded (I do hear the written in my head, after all.  :-)).  Actually,
> it sounds pretty cool.  Now to come up with a nice derivative meaning...

Tamar the Gypsy pokes her head in the tent:  I think perhaps "wlonk" does
have a survival form in the modern world; in some circles, at least, a
"wonk" is someone who knows a lot about something, e.g., "science wonks" -
it seems to be a British slang term, and not entirely derogatory either
(though "wonky" is, meaning "not working quite right"). "Wonk" could
plausibly be derived from "wlonk".  It might be a good idea to slightly
emphasize the "l" to be certain people don't confuse the two words.
=Tamar the Gypsy (mka Tamar Lindsay sharing account
dickeney@access.digex.net)
  I think my new red outfit is wlonky...