Re: As Some Day It May Happen

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Ed Hopkins)

> > > Hearing strains from The Mikado wafting over the Merry Rose....
> > > "oh I have a little list"  ;D

> > I'm quite sure that he was referring _not_ to some list
> > of Society offenders, [...]

> My lord, I was not suggesting that he was an 'offender'
> just was exercising my odd sense of humor...my apologies
> for any offense taken for none was offered.

Milady, I did not mean to imply that you suggested that he was
an offender; I was just alluding to that song you heard wafting:

  As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
     I've got a little list--I've got a little list
  Of society offenders who might well be underground,
     And who never would be missed--who never would be missed!

I will gladly accept your apologies.  Please accept mine for
appearing to take offense when it was neither offered nor seen.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

Him tha ellenrof  andswarode,         |Him, the strength-famed   answered,
wlanc Wedera leod,  word aefter spraec|wlonk Geat leader,  word after spoke
heard under helme:  "We synt Higelaces|hard under helm:  "We are Hygelac's
beodgeneatas;  Beowulf is min nama.   |table-companions;  Beowulf is my name.
Wille ic asecgan  sunu Healfdenes,    |I wish to tell  Healfdene's son,
maerum theodne  min aerende,          |the famous prince,  my errand,
aldre thinum,  gif he us geunnan wile |thy lord,  if he will not begrudge us,
thaet we hine swa godne  gretan moton.|that we, with his good self,  may speak."