Re: A HERETIC'S view on Reasonable Authenticity

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Kensei <kensei@concentric.net> wrote:
>An interesting expression, "playing".  Other posters have noted this is a
>study society, a recreation society, and an educational society.  It's
>getting confusing--and, as one poster noted, questionably legal given SCA's
>tax-exempt status.

Didn't the board recently (within the last year or so) hire a lawyer
to investigate that and what came back was that we are in absolutely
no danger of losing our tax status.  Yes, we may act like a social
club at times, but most everyone in the Society can tell you something
about history, of if not have been meaning to go research it for
a while now...

Kendrick
---
             |                       lovelace@acm.org