From: Alfredo el Bufon
To: PETERSR; The Merry Rose
Subject: Re: is anyone there?
Date: Wednesday, November 27, 1996 2:34PM

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)

> > > Anybody got a drink in this place?
> >
> > <a mug is passed>
> > Here, mulled cider. Spiking is optional.
> > Ebirt Og! (a Rencester saying)
> > And good health to all of us.
> >
> I'll have a round while you're pouring....Yippee! (an Isenfir toast,
> pronounced with at least 4 syllables)

Some of the soft cider over here, if you please.
!Salud!

It's been a while since I've been over to the Red Dragon Inn,
but I imagine there's several threads going on there, on
weighty subjects like Authenticity and Courtiers.

 -- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

Into Tuskane he turnes  when thus wel timed,
Takes townes full tite  with towres full high;
Walles he welt down,  wounded knightes,
Towres he turnes,  and tourmentes the pople,
Wrought widowes full wlonk  wrotherayle singen,
Oft werye and weep  and wringen their handes;
And all he wastes with war  there he away rides;
Their welthes and their wonninges  wandreth he wrought!
    -- Alliterative Morte Arthure