cranberries

Poster: Rcardiff@aol.com

Sorry, not really. Cranberries as we know them are new world. Viburnum
Trilobum, however a close relation Virburnum Opulus is a native of Europe and
Northern Africa. The berries are edibal but much more bitter than the
American Cranberry bush. The Scandanavians prepare a honey paste and liqueur
from it. The uncooked berries of the European one are potentially poisonus,
but the barrk is known as cramp bark and is used extensively.

If you need more info let me know. I've got a million of them!

                          Miriam (obviously the herbalist one)