Shipbuilding...was Just a few notes... (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

> >Poster: Bards keep <s0jswelc@atlas.vcu.edu>
> >
> .snip..
> >
> >Does anyone know anything about period ship construction?

For when and where?

As a general work of reference, I suggest Archibald Lewis'
European Naval and Maritime History. As for anything more
specific, I happen to have done my MA work on XVth century
Channel pirates, and my baccalaureate essay on XVth century
Portuguese explorers, and I hope I can help you with the end of
the Middle Ages, if that's what you're looking for. I am, alas,
less useful as we approach the beginning. (-:

--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com