Re: Well it finally happened to me...

Poster: Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>

Feel no despair my good lord.  Be sure you are not the one that was
embarrased by your garb, but it was the inconsiderate churl who ranted at
you and a 9-year old child in public at a demo.  The fact that someone
publicly and loudly critisized someone's garb is bad enough, but to
publicly and loudly critisize a 9-year old newcomer's garb is truly
unthinkable.  I would hope to be able to say truthfully that the churl
you met was the exception, not the rule.  I have played in Atlantia for
night 4 years and have managed to avoid experiences like the one you
described.  Even my first laughable attempts at garb were met by
compliments and kindness from thos emore experienced than I.  I hope this
is still the case in most parts of our fair Kingdom, and the Known World.
I think most would agree that the proper way of correcting inaproriate or
out of period garb is to educate, not embarass!
Aye,
Eogan