Displaying heraldry

Poster: smithjh@ed.concord.wvnet.edu (Jason Smith)

To all good gentles!
        I hope the new year finds you and yours safe and well.
        I have a question, there was a discussion a couple of months back
about heraldry, devices and the like. I never quite got the jist of what was
being decided. Is it OK to display on your shield a device that has been
registered, but you do not have an AoA. I was told many moons ago only AoA
recipients could display a device. Is this so?? Many thanks in advance...
In Service,
Ciaran MacGhabhain
Be true to thy self, and in doing so, ye be true to all...
or
The dream is what we ALL make of it...If it is wrong, look within first...
then without...