Event Announcement!

Poster: Joseph Moran <josephm@hops.cs.jhu.edu>

Hello to the Merry Rose!  As herald for the College of Sylvan Knoll I'd
like to pass on this announcement of our January event.  Here it is:

                  Unlace your corset, take off your shoes!
          The college of Sylvan Knoll is hosting the very informal

                                  Tourney
                                   of the
                                   Keep!

   Tired of worrying about dragging your velvets and silks in the mud?
   Come to Sylvan Knoll for a good party, and leave your court garb at
   home. January 18, AS XXXI. Several engaging tournaments will amuse the
   populace. For the rapier fighters, an indoor novice tourney (less than
   two years since playing your prize, please) and open tourney will be
   held. We will be holding authorizations for the spring fighting
   season. And for everyone else, games galore! A cup-and-ball double
   elimination tournament will also be held. (authorization available as
   well for this great sport.) Come in your most creative cup-and-ball
   armor and win a prize!

   Site opens at 10am and closes at 11pm. Fee is $7, dinner will be
   pot-luck. A $3 admission discount will be given to anyone who brings a
   dish to feed six. This event is being held in our campus pub, so there
   will be a cash bar, prices are very reasonable. Plenty of free parking
   is available, but no overnights on site are allowed.

   For questions, or for those bringing food please contact the
   autocrats, Carmen Hosler-Moran Kate Maunsel (Catherine Seib) at (410)
   662-8420, or at karma@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu and kyrdwin@jhu.edu,
   respectively.

   To get to Johns Hopkins University, Homewood campus: Entering
   Baltimore via I-83:
   Take the 28th Street exit and head east, taking a left at Howard
       Street (second signal). Make the first left past the light at 29th
       Street, onto Wyman Parkway. If you've passed the museum, you've
       gone too far -- turn around in the museum parking lots and take
       the first right. Continue a few yards, turn right into the
       university. You're there! Park and walk up the roadway until it
       ends at Levering Hall (2nd building on the left). Don't worry too
       much, signs will be posted.

   For those entering Baltimore via I-95 (from the south):
   Take the I-395 exit, and take Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd into the
       city. You will be shuffled through a left turn onto Howard Street.
       Keep going on Howard Street until it turns into Art Museum. As you
       pass a small park on the right, Howard Street will take a rather
       sharp right curve. Turn left in the middle of this curve onto
       Wyman Parkway. Make the first right into the university. Park and
       walk up the roadway to Levering Hall.

   For those entering Baltimore via I-95 (from the north):
   Take the I-695 West (towards Towson) instead of I-95 through the city.
       get onto I-83 South (towards Baltimore) and follow directions as
       though coming from Pennsylvania (see I-83 directions above). This
       avoids the toll tunnel on I-95 and about 25 minutes of traffic,
       although you can take I-95 through the city and get off at I-395
       as though coming from the south.