Roses for the Oak

Poster: Tom Rettie <tom@his.com>

Unto the patrons of the Merry Rose and the noble folk of the Laurel Kingdom
of Atlantia, greetings from your humble Elisabeth MacAlester of Kintyre,
Editor of "The Oak:"

At the Feast of the Epiphany, commonly called Twelfth Night, and held this
Saturday past in the ever-gracious Barony of Marinus, we raised, through
the help of many hands and the generosity of the populace, the sum of
$75.00 toward printing and distributing an issue of "the Oak."

The bulk of the funds were generated through the efforts of the noble
Aurora and Rhian, Lady Rosine of Rowanwald, and Baroness Ceridwen ferch
Owain.  These sweet ladies privded materials for, crafted, and sold a large
number of ribbon roses as tokens of friendship and courtesy.

I hope you will join me in thanking these gentles, and the many others who
helped make the tokens, purchased them, or simply donated moneys, for their
exemplary courtesy and service to the Arts and Sciences.

Let this then suffice.  And may it not be laid to folly, arrogance, or
presumption that I do offer my own poor skills to so great an endeavor.

Elisabeth