RE: Inter-Kingdom Anthropology

Poster: Wynn Klosky <klosky@meeker.UCAR.EDU>

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Becky McEllistrem wrote:

> What's the difference between an A&S champion and a baronial A&S
> officer?

An A&S Officer is a kind soul who has volunteered to hold the
"staff" position in a local group, much like the chronicler,
seneschal, etc. The position has duties that include promoting
A&S in a group and maintaining communication with the kingdom
officer, keeping tabs on what everyone is doing A&Sly, sometimes
coercing people to write articles or teach at university, etc. :^)

A&S Champion is a position of honour that can be chosen in many
different ways, but generally for the person's demonstration of
abilities in one or more of the arts/sciences. The champion may
or may not have duties that accompany the honour.

I personally think that the idea of an A&S "Champion" is somewhat
off-base, and I prefer the Atlantian concept of a premier in a
certain art/science (Meisterbrewer, Master Armourer, Poeta Atlantia,
etc.) being chosen by competition in that particular art/science.

branwynn ottersby