cooking

Poster: Annejke@prodigy.com (MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST)

Thought some of you might be interested in this.  I still have some
room in my van if anyone would like a ride.

Annejke
The Marche of the Thistle (Wooster, Ohio) will host an Interkingdom
Cooking, Brewing and Vinting Collegium on July 5, 1997, at the Sacred
Heart Roman Catholic Church, 272 Broad St., Wadsworth, Ohio.
Wadsworth is off I-76 about 30 miles south of Cleveland
 and 20 miles west of Akron.

The Autocrat is Master Patrick McPhelan (Robert Cripps), 3214 Styx
Hill Road, Medina, OH 44526, 330-336-5832.  Classes Coordinator is
Dame Alys Katharine (Elise Fleming), 3950 Walter Road, North Olmsted,
OH 44070-2111, 216-779-6384; e-mail at alysk@ix.net
com.com.  Contact Alys if you wish to teach a class.  (At this date
the classes are not yet set!)  Site opens at 9 a.m. and classes begin
at 10 a.m.  There will be a lunch break from noon to 1:30.  Lunch is
on your own.  Site fee is $2.00.  There is no co
st for feast if you bring food (or period-type beverage) to serve 8-
10.  (A copy of your recipe and its source will be appreciated.)  If
you bring no food or beverage the cost for feast is $5.00.  Classes
will run all afternoon.  Dinner break is roughly f
rom 6-7 p.m.  Socialization and discussion groups are encouraged
after dinner.

Cleveland has numerous touristy attractions such as the Rock and Roll
Hall of Fame and the new Science Center plus the Cleveland Museum of
Art, Lake Erie, etc.  Akron/Canton has an exciting Inventure Place
where hands-on exploration of inventions is encou
raged.  Motels are available as is some crash space.  If you get
cheap airfare and fly into Cleveland we will work out getting you
from there to the event, if you wish.

Directions to the site:  Take your best route to I-76 (south of
Cleveland; west of Akron).  Turn left on Rt. 57 (Exit 7).  You will
be going south.  Take the first left after the highway which will
lead to Grennich Road.  (The off-ramp empties onto Greenw
ich Rd.)  Turn right onto Greenwich.  Greenwich will soon become
College St.  Continue on College St. until you reach the town square.
 Continue straight across the square.  The road has now become Broad
St.  Sacred Heart Church is on the left side, appro
ximately 1/4 mile.