Re: Camboc

Poster: Michael Surbrook <susano@access.digex.net>

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997 mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU wrote:

> I here tell rumors of a Camboc game at this up coming Jonglurie in
> Elvegast.  Now for those of us who have heard wonderful and exciting tales
> about this game, but have no idea as to how it is actually played, could
> some enlightened gentle post some of the general rules to the list so we
> (myself included) can join in?
> Aye,
> Eogan (who loves games;)

General rules of Cambok:

1) You can't throw the ball with your hands.

2) Get the ball in the goal anyway you can.

3) Don't hit unconcious players.

4) Have fun.

uh... that's it.

Proper dress for cambok seems to be short houpalandes, a hat, and boots.
A wet rainy day (and a slick field) are a plus.

A good cambok stick looks a lot like a modern field hockey stick.  Mine
was made from an oak plow handle.

Michael Limner, esq