Re: North Carolina Renaissance Faire

Poster: kaleidoscope_eyes@juno.com (L. Ernst)

>What is appropriate garb?  I'm kind of limited in what I can
>cobble together (both timewise and skillwise).

Hmmm.....what I wore to my first RenFest was from stuff around the house,
made in about half an hour.  I took one of my dad's old button-down
shirts (asked first of course :) and cut the sleeves off at the shoulder,
leaving a little at the top for a flare.  Then I ripped off the buttons
and pockets and collar, ie making it look as ragged and periodly handmade
as possible.....then I added fringe and other stuff and made the body of
the shirt into a vest!  The sleeves, when the cuffs are properly tucked
into shoes, make cool leggings when pulled over the legs up to the knees
(if they go that far- mine barely reach) and tied with some leather cord.

Just an idea, but anything that looks like it might've been worn before
this century (broomstick skirts, poet's blouses, braided hair, shawl or
scarf with brooch that looks period) will do just fine.