North Carolina Renaissance Faire

Poster: "elspeth" <elspeth@ipass.net>

Greetings from Elspeth Macalpin to the Merry Rose and Cheapside,

The following is the promo for the 3rd Annual Raleigh North Carolina
Renaissance Faire at which the faire and beautiful Canton of Elvegast will
be doing a demo and generally adding color to the proceedings.

********************

Cast cares away! Join us now , in sweet spring pleasures, at the 1997 North
Carolina  Renaissance Faire (Raleigh, NC).  Experience entertainment like
nowhere else in the land. . .  strolling minstrels, heralds, Celtic
Singers, jugglers, medieval dance lessons, and much more. . .

Dream Weavers perform 6 puppet shows daily

The playful Otters Present:  "The Sword and the Stone"

Join us to experience a unique family event. . .

. . . A place where every boy is a prince and every girl is a princess . .
.

Cast cares away, as you walk down the path to this magical kingdom and
experience the wonders of this enchanting era.  Tarry and feast on food fit
for Kings!

Special Event on Saturday!

1-3pm Dragon Egg Hunt - proceeds to benefit Volunteer Families for Children

Place:  NC State Fair Ground, Village of Yesteryear
When:  Easter Weekend, March 29th and 30th
Times:  10am - 6pm
Cost:  $5.00 per person (4 and under free)

The North Carolina Renaissance Faire is a non-profit organization that
provides a fun and educational experience with demonstrations of medieval
occupations and a realistic impression of the folklore and fantasy during
that era for children of all ages.

**********

Now that you have heard the promo for the Faire, Elvegast is looking for a
few good SCAdians to help out with the demo that we will be doing.  We have
3 times on Saturday and 3 times on Sunday to perform as well as space to
set up demos in the building of Yesteryear.  You can also set up games to
make money for your group.  We already have a group doing an archery shoot
for the kids on Saturday.  If you would like to set up a game please let us
know as soon a possible for space availability.  If you or your group would
like to do a demo such as weaving or spinning or the like and would like to
do it at a certain time let us know so we can put you on the schedule.  We
especially need dancers and fighters.  We would like to use the time we
have been allotted for either dancing or fighting, so we need all the
dancers and fighters we can get.  It has even been suggested that we have
Elvegast's fighter practice on Sunday to draw more fighters to the event.

If you would like to participate and would like more information please
contact me, Elspeth Macalpin at elspeth@ipass.net or Efenwealt Wystle