Grammar

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

> Poster: JoLori@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 97-03-17 14:34:36 EST, clevin@rci.ripco.com (Craig Levin)
> writes:
>
> << The only person who used the West  Midlands/Welsh Marches dialect for
> poetry, for example, was the  anonymous person who gave us Sir Gawain and the
> Green Knight. >>
>
> William Langland, author of Piers Plowman, also wrote in the West Midlands
> dialect, I believe.

It depends on who you talk to. I seem to recall that one
manuscript was in the London dialect, but I can't remember if
that's the oldest one. My guess, though, is that I was mistaken.
Langland made no secret of his Worcestershire roots.

--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com