Re: [Banter] How to tell males from females

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

>> remember the scene in ... was it Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn? when a boy
>> dressed as a girl was "caught out" by how he moved when something was
>> dropped in his lap.

>      1.  She made him try to thread a needle, and he threaded it by holding
>      the thread still and pushing the needle at it, instead of the other
>      way around, like a girl "would have done it."

Hm. I thread needles "like a girl."

>      3.  She told him to throw the lead at a rat, and he did so, which gave
>      him away for sure, since he overhanded it instead of forearming it,
>      "the way a girl would."

Now that's a difference which seems to have been largely erased recently.

>      Hell, if it'd been me, I'd have just asked him if he was lost or
>      not...as we all know, males are incapable of admitting this, whereas
>      females are perfectly capable of stopping and asking directions...

It is possible to be capable of admitting that one IS lost, without being
capable of admitting that one does not know how to get UN-lost. I suspect
this is a truer description of "male syndrome"...

It is also possible that you don't care where you're going.

Evan