Re: scope of the SCA

Poster: "Stephanie M. Thorson" <smt2@st-andrews.ac.uk>

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Corun MacAnndra wrote:

> Caitlin writes:

> > (For an example of
> > how this works, remember the scene in ... was it Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn?
> > . when a boy dressed as a girl was "caught out" by how he moved when
> > something was dropped in his lap.
>
> I think it was Huck and he was trying to thread a needle.

It was Huck.  However, he was caught out on both counts - the way he
threaded the needle AND the way he reacted when something was thrown to
him.  The woman who determines that Huck is in fact a boy in girl's
clothing gives an explanation of how the ways he performed in both cases
were different from how girls and women would do them.

Alianora