Re: scope of the SCA

Poster: BrnARGENT@aol.com

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse.  I'm just catching up on mail after
delivering the baby.

When approached at  Pensic a few years back by a lady wearing a scanty
costume and elf ears I responded with the concern that my 12th century
persona would.  I gave her some Atlantian coinage and informed her where she
could seek shelter, clothing and medical aid from the good monks just up the
road.  As she had a horible affliction affecting her ears, and since she was
terribly poor by the state of her dress, I informed her that I would pray to
God for her recovery.  This no doubt helped earn me brownie points in that
long quest for heaven.  When she informed me that she was an elf, I
questioned her sanity.  I know there are many illnesses that were brought
back during the crusade that cause one to lose a grip on reality.

Lady Rhiall of Wystanesdon (Wrynne) "The good Christian"
 mka Debbie Dunbar "The happy Pagan"