Subject: Re: ? Ugly and Stupid ?
Author:  David H Ritterskamp at DPCDES01
Date:    4/1/97 8:07 AM

See below-

Jonathan Blackbow writes:

>      [Trust me on this one - when the Merry Rose starts trying to discuss a
>      northern principality, it gets ugly, and stupid, and useless, usually
>      fairly quickly.  (q.v. the archives)]

Gosh, what a nice way to put it.  Frankly, I found the whole discussion
rather educational, about people and attitudes, mostly.
     [Well, you know me - I've never held back on terminology.  While you
     found it educational about people and attitudes, I've never seen any
     of those discussions resolve anything.  I don't think that information
     about people and attitudes is useful enough to justify that.]
I don't think the discussion about the Northern Principality would have
gotten ugly, if the participants hadn't so readily decided that their
opponents were engaged in some form of Machiavallian politics.
     [Funny thing, that - politics is the single entity that can quickly
     turn into a "you're either with us, or against us" scenario.  And Lord
     help you if you're not with us.  I have a differing viewpoint than
     many people on the principality question, which I am fairly careful to
     keep quiet about, especially since Kane's not around anymore for me to
     use as a sounding board.]
Still....

Leifr, the evil principality supporter ;-)

Jonathan Blackbow