Request for Viking Chair Advice

Poster: rmetzler@nmaa.org (Robert Metzler)

Greetings to all and sundry.

A few members of my clan are looking into making "viking chairs" (two
boards, one w/ tongue and other with slot) in time for Pennsic, to
replace our dreadful director's chairs.  I would much appreciate any
advice on lumber type.  For example what type of wood is best? I was
told pressure treated tends to warp in an unsightly way.  Should I
include some kind of support?  And - are they actually Viking or in any
way period?

Thanks in advance,

Hreodbeorht MacBeath