RE: Shires in NC

Poster: "Stephanie M. Thorson" <smt2@st-andrews.ac.uk>

Alisoun wrote:

> Jonathan Blackbow wrote:
>
> >> I remember when Crannog Mor was the ONLY shire in Atlantia and everybody thought
> >> they were NUTS for staying a shire...
>
> Jonathan, how much of an old timer, are you?
>
> When I moved down here Tear-Sea's Shore (where I live) was an independent shire and had been for years. . .

And Bright Hills (northern, but since we're on the subject and I'm
homesick this week ...) only went barony about 3 years ago.  Stierbach and
Isenfir (both still shires) were also shires at that time.

Having been through the experience of a shire going barony, I can also
offer a good reason why some shires may not want to do it - it's an
enormous amount of work.  It took BH almost 3 years just to get the
paperwork sorted out.  :)

Alianora