Re: Silo-flex

Poster: Logan and Arielle <logan123@charlotte.infi.net>

Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir wrote:

> Poster: Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>
>
> Allah's Peace unto the Merry Rose!!
>
> While playing with the proposed alternate sword material, I have noticed
> a few things and I want to share.  I should point out that I haven't
> used this on people yet, and won't until they have used it on me and I
> think it is OK.
>
> My construction method was three tubes of silflex(1/2",3/4",1") inserted
> in each other wit......<snip>......

I still have not had any problems with my original idea which is to drill
a small hole throughthe silo-flex below your hilt, insert a stove bolt
and nut, cut the protruding tip off the bolt, tighten the nut two turns
and peen the bolt down over the nut to lock it in place.  Cover that with
grip tape or duct tape and your done.  I think that the quarter is a bad
idea.  I was doing security at a show once and the band's drummer was
knocked out by a half dollar that was thrown from the balcony.  I am
pretty sure that a quarter flying out of a sword blow that was blocked by
a sheild would generate considerably more force than a thrown half
dollar.  Besides it's cheaper!

Quarters are for video games, Dickles is for drinking
Logan