Re: Silflex

Poster: Wynn Klosky <klosky@meeker.UCAR.EDU>

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Wayne Precht wrote:

> I welded both ends of mine with a handheld propane torch and then tested
> expensively (first on trees, then on squires) since I was also concerned

Try as you might, now that squires have unionized, they just don't
come cheap anymore... ;^)

branwynn
who is interested to hear if any one back East has yet experimented
with the white UMHW polyethylene (sp) swords like Outlands is doing
(with routed-out channels along the length of each side; with/without
bored-out tips) -- a bit bouncy, but not too bad. Since they are all
one piece, they don't have the construction probs of the Silflex.