Re: Silflex

Poster: Wayne Precht <wayne@apollo.umuc.edu>

> Poster: Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>
>
> I like the idea of heating the tips and trying to melt the ends together
> in a bond, but I wonder if that doesn't make the material brittle, and
> thus more prone to breaking with sharp rims as in poltruded fiberglass.

I welded both ends of mine with a handheld propane torch and then tested
expensively (first on trees, then on squires) since I was also concerned
about the brittleness.  So far, there is no sign that either weld has
taken any damage.  I think that this is going to be far safer than
quarters, even cheaper than Logan's bolt and lighter than either as well.

Galmr.

--
| L. Wayne Precht                           | wayne@apollo.umuc.edu          |
| Applications Programmer                   | (301) 985-7336  (voice)        |