[Banter] Xena parody

Poster: "David H Ritterskamp" <dhritter@dpcmail.dukepower.com>

     [Once again, them what don't think it's funny don't have to read
     this.]

     [After some thought and consultation, I decided to crosspost this from
     the Trimarian mailing list.  It's a hoot if you enjoy, or even just
     know anything about, "Xena:  Warrior Princess."]

     [It's to the tune of "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General",
     BTW.]

     So, with absolutely no apologies whatsoever, enjoy!

     Ld. J. Blackbow
     House O'Shannon

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Swordmom@aol.com wrote:
>Greetings, all:
>
>I received this from the Ironrose mailing list and thought it was
worth a
>giggle or two.
>---------------------

sapphisti-phistical!

>Xena: My armory is brazen, but my weapons are ironical;
>    My sword is rather phallic, but my chakram's rather yonical[4]
>    (To find out what that means, you'll have to study
Indo-Aryan[5]).
>    I am the very model of a heroine barbarian!
>
>Chorus: To find out what that means, we'll have to study Indo-Aryan
--
>        She is the very model of a heroine barbarian!
>
>Xena: I wake up every morning, ere the dawn is rhododactylous[6]
>    (Who needs to wait for daylight? I just work by _sensus
>           tactilis_[7].)
>    And ride into the sunrise to protect some local villagers
>    From mythologic monsters or from all-too-human pillagers.
>    I hurtle towards each villain with a recklessness ebullient
>    And cow him with my swordwork and my alalaes ululient[8];
>    He's frightened for his head, because he knows I'm gonna
>         whack it -- he's
>    Aware that his opponent is the _Basileia Makhetes_!
>
>[The music crashes to a halt, as the Chorus stares at Xena in utter
>confusion. She sighs.] It's *Greek*. It means "Warrior Princess"!
>[Light dawns on the Chorus, and the music resumes.] Sheesh . . .
>
>Chorus: He knows that his opponent is the _Basileia Makhetes_!
>        He knows that his opponent is the _Basileia Makhetes_!
>        He knows that his opponent is the _Basileia Makhe-makhetes_,
>
>Xena: Because I've got my armor, which is really rather silly, on
>    (It's cut so low I feel like I'm the topless tow'rs of Ilion,
>    And isn't any use against attackers sagittarian[9]).
>    I am the very model of a heroine barbarian!
>
>Chorus: It isn't any use against attackers sagittarian --
>        She is the very model of a heroine barbarian!
>
>Xena: In short, when I can tell you how I break the laws of gravity,
>    And why my togs expose my intermammary concavity,
>    And why my comrade changed her dress from one that fit more
comfily
>    To one that shows her omphalos[10] (as cute as that of
Omphale[11]),