Cherry Rose Cordial Recipe-Chantal

Poster: viking@csra.net (Doug Munitz,Sven Olafssen,Maria Munitz,Giuseppina de'Materesi)

OK, I get the message, I'll publish the recipe!
Now for all the requests, private and on the Merry Rose, here is the Cherry
Rose recipe that I call CHANTAL,
To a fifth of vodka,in a clean glass container or crock, add 2lbs. of
sliced up dark sweet cherries (out of season, use 2-3cans sweet dark
cherries, not pie filling, or frozen cherries.)  After about a week, throw
in about 2 cups heavy sugar syrup, of which you may substitute 1/2 to 1/4
with rose syrup (I found my rose syrup in an East Indian Store,The
Maharaja, here in Augusta,GA.) Also if desired, add a small jar of cherry
preserves(optional).  I added 1 TB of rosewater.  Do this too your taste.
Some people like the cherry stronger, some like the rose stronger. I like
it about equal.
  It is important to get as much of the alcoholic fumes subdued as
possible, or else it tastes like cough syrup.  So that's why so much syrup
and the preserves.
Also, let this stuff sit in a dark place for at least 2 months to mellow.
I started this batch Feb.1 and it's still sitting.
  After all this, do the SOP, standard-operating-procedure, with cordials
by straining and clarifying the cordial and then racking it.
  Experiment with it until you find a formula that's all your own.  Now enjoy.
Lady Giuseppina de'Materesi
Just Giusi
BorderVale Keep
P.S. don't throw out the used cherries.  Use them in a recipe or over ice cream.