Re: request sour dough recipe

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Lorna wrote:

> I have begun a sour dough started, now am in need of a good recipe. None of
> my cookbooks have one. Any help appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Lorna

Duchess Ysabeau introduced me to an interesting book, World Sourdoughs from
Antiquity. I don't have the ISBN handy, but this is a cool book. The whole
preface is about the author's desire and eventual success in working with
Egyptologists and archaeologists who had uncovered that Egyptian bakery
that dates fomr the time of the pyramids. He was able to recreate a very
similar sourdough believed to be just like what the builders of the pyramids
ate. It's got lots of recipes and explanations.

In service,
Corun

--
     Corun MacAnndra   |   Dark Horde by birth   |   Moritu by choice
Though we are not now that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven,