Re: Age of Discovery

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  Speaking of Colombus, Orson Scott Card now has a new paperback out entitled
  "Pastwatch: the redemption of Christopher Colombus."  It's a science fiction
  book,  taking place in both the future and during the lifetime of Christopher
  Columbus.  Historically, Card has really done his homework and includes an
  impressive bibliography.

Historically, it appears to be an excellent book.

It is, however, one of the worst, plodding, characterless, Deus Ex Machina
and Mormon of all of his books.  (The last point being a close tie with
"Folk of the Fringe" and "Wyrms".)  (And ignoring his no-SF novel called
"Saints").

I read everything by Card I can get my hands on.  Avoid this book.

	Tibor