Cream Cordials

Poster: viking@csra.net (Doug Munitz,Sven Olafssen,Maria Munitz,Giuseppina de'Materesi)

Well the advice that Sir Richard Fitzalan de Glymm gave me was a rousing
success.  I've made what I call "Crema di Matera"  using his help.  If you
would like the recipe here it is.  I'll be debuting this Crema along with
my Cherry Rose cordial this weekend at 1001 Chocolate Knights.
   Take one fifth of vodka, 1 large bottle of orzata (Italian almond syrup)
and mix together.  In a separate container, mix 1 14oz. can of sweetened
condensed milk and 1 pint of half and half cream. mix well.  Add Hershey's
chocolate syrup.  Here I am not precise, just add until it looks and tastes
good.  Mine it about the color of Venetian Cream or dark rum cream.  Add
the cream mixture to the vodka in a narrow trickle, stirring constantly.
Bottle and let sit for a few (3?) days, shaking it periodically.
Afterwards, consume in not more than 2 weeks. It should improve over the
next few days.
  Variation: substitute hazelnut syrup for the orzata.
I did not add the eggs.  Too many people I know are allergic to them, and
raw egg mixtures don't do too well once the South gets warm.
Lady Giuseppina de'Materesi
Shire of the Border Vale Keep