FW: I need directions for an old Irish game please

Poster: mhood@burnaby.cdicollege.com

Greetings All.

Since the subject of Ficheail, Tablut, Hnefatafl et al has come up, I was wondering if anyone has any other information on a slight rule change I've stumbled across.

As anyone who has played Tablut knows, there is almost no way of capturing the king if played well.  However, I've found _ONE_ reference to a rule that I'd be very interested in documenting;

The king may not assist in capturing opposing pieces.

Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone play with this rule? My household and I have taken to playing in this manner, just to test it out.  So far, the king has always escaped, but the games do get a little tighter, and last a little longer.

Any thoughts?

In Service,
Wllm MacAndrew
[PARA][PARA]--
d mark hood, coquitlam, bc, canada
	"The Lord moves in mysterious ways"
Lord William MacAndrew of Balnagowan
Chief Clan MacAndrew of Lions Gate	Another reason He has trouble
Protégé to Mistress Rowenna de Ronçesvailles	finding chess partners.
Sable Loat Pursuivant of Lions Gate
Barony of Lions Gate, An Tir

The Cathedral Steps - Kingdom of An Tir email list
To subscribe, email "majordomo@antir.sca.org" with "subscribe steps".
Digest version of the list available - subscribe to "steps-digest".
For more help, email "majordomo@antir.sca.org" with "help".