Re: Idea

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

> Here's a silly idea for all you merchants out there...
>
> You know those bumper stickers that say things like:
> "Proud Parent of an Honor Roll Student"
> or "My kid is an excellent  student at Such-and-such Junior High"?

Whenever I see one of those "Proud Parent of A Great Kid" stickers
I think, "I guess that one didn't make the honor roll."

> Well, my idea is to print up bumper stickers for SCA parents like:
> "Proud Parent of a Lord/Lady" (Knight, Duke, fill in title)
> or "My son is King of Atlantia" etc.

I think the reason that those mundane bumber stickers are in the
form "Parent of..." or "My kid is..." is that the kid in question
isn't likely to have a car.  But for most SCA titles, a car is
practically a prerequisite, but having a parent who's actualy
bumber-sticker-level proud of that title is fairly rare.  So I'd
say that something like "I am a Pelican" would be more appropriate.

"King of Atlantia" should be designed to fade out in six months
to reveal the word "COUNT".

My alma mater keeps sending me these car window sticker hat say,
"Moravian College Alumni" but I never use them because I'm just
one alumnus.

-- Alfredo el Bufon

  [FOOL ON BOARD]