Raging debate which will resolve nothing

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Scripsit Nodus Gordianus partim:
[...]
> The reason I suggest these two options is [...]

> I do have another reason that is somewhat obscure, but
> still a valid concern.  I can forsee a raging debate over
> it, that will resolve nothing, so I won't mention it further.

I thought that the Merry Rose was _intended_ as a forum for
raging debates which will resolve nothing.

-- Alfredo
If we teach everybody, including, say, high school students, habits of
skeptical thought, they will probably not restrict their skepticism to
UFOs, aspirin commercials, and 35,000-year-old channelees.  Maybe they'll
start asking awkward questions about economic, or social, or political,
or religious institutions.  Perhaps they'll challenge the opinions of
those in power.  Then where would we be?    -- Carl Sagan