Re: [TY] Re: Irish Nuggets (was Gaelic Greetings)

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

The Mc- =Irish and Mac- =Scottish rule is just a myth.  There are (and
historically have been) just as many Macs in Ireland and Mcs in Scotland.
The prefixes Mc-, M'-, and Ma- are all abbreviated forms of the Gaelic
"mac" which means "son of" in both countries.
Aye,
Eogan

           "I brought ye to the ring.  Now dance best ye can."
   Matthew Allen Newsome            |	    Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn
   intern consultant/curator	    |       Altantian Royal Bard
   Scottish Tartan Museum           |	    Chronicler, MSoB
   & Heritage Center	    	    |	    (Militant Society of Bards)
   http://intertekweb.com/tartans/  |	    Clan Og, SCA
   <tartans@dnet.net>               |       "IT'S ONLY A GAME!"