Event Reminder

Poster: "Alaric Luther" <Luther@agent.infodata.com>

The Stierbach Birthday Bull Fights
                              May 30, 31 and June 1

The Shire of Stierbach is pleased to invite one and all to their
annual birthday tournament. This year we will be camping at Log Cabin
Campgrounds near Winchester, VA., a veritable gem of an event site
with over 80 percent of the tent sites under the trees! The camp site
opens Friday at 3PM and closes on Sunday at 1PM. Come revel in the
woods with us and enjoy the music, dancing, fighting and feasting that
every Birthday should have!

Fighting Activities:
A Torchlight Tourney on Friday night, Field Battles, Bridge Battle,
Melees and a Bull Fight to determine the "Champion Of Stierbach" will
be held on Saturday. We will also have Archery with a variety of
interesting targets to shoot at! We have some very lovely prizes for
the winners of all catagories! Favors will be handed out for the
fighters to bestow on the "one who inspires them". Authorizations will
begin at 9:30 AM on Saturday.

A&S Activities:
There will be a Bardic Circle each evening, musicians are encouraged
to attend! There will be an A&S competition in the following areas:
Cordials, Edibles, Cookies, Armor, Leather, Cows, Calligraphy and
Illumination and Textiles.

Judging will be Saturday afternoon and 2 judgeships will be "for sale"
at the event, a Judgeship for the Cordials and the Edibles Judgeship-
bring your coins or other barterables! Every attendee is eligible to
cast their vote in The A&S Popular Vote. Documentation will be judged
separately. All winners will receive special prizes.

We will also be offering several classes in various arts for those not
martially inclined! Merchants are most welcome to come and sell their
wares, please contact the autocrat!

Kids Activities:
There will be a Heraldic Cookie decorating contest and several kids
size games such as croquet and bocce, as well as others to choose
from, as well as the ever popular "Squirt" Fight where our children
get to arm themselves with their favorite water weapon and battle our
less well prepared fighters. Mid-afternoon Saturday will be our Young
Bullfighters Contest with prizes for "Style" and "Accuracy".

(But wait! there's more!!!)

The Feast:
There will be a feast on Saturday at sundown, prepared by our ever
cherished and most talented Baroness St. Meli ferch Jasper and her
Acolytes of the Kitchen. We will be dining under the Great Green
GreatHall, bring your banners to help us decorate this thing!

The Site:
The following Site Rules will be in effect: All attendees *must* have
fun. Underage drinking cannot be allowed; please bring ID. The site is
wet. We will have a keg of beer and one of Dominion Rootbeer for those
wishing to keep their wits about them! Fill your drinking horns and
toast the Shire- the Seneschal will reward the best toasts with
prizes!

Site Fees, etc:
The site fees, if you register *before* May 17th: Onboard $10,
Offboard $8.00. *After* May 17th, or at-the-door, fees will be: On
board $12 and Offboard $10.00.

Children 6-12 are half price, children under 6 are guests of the
Shire. Please make checks payable to: The Shire of Stierbach, SCA,
INC.

The Birthday Autocrat is Lady Kristin (Fran Felix), PO Box 1222,
Sterling, VA 20164. Any questions, please call her at 703/ 450-8092
(NLT 10PM), or write to: ffelix@access.digex.net. Reservations can be
made through her.

Merchants are encouraged to attend!

Directions:
>From the East, North or South:

Take your best route to I-81, in the vicinity of Winchester, VA. Take
State route 37 to US 522 North. Take US 522 N for 15.5 miles to County
Route 694, on the right. Follow Rt. 694 for 1.4 miles to
Frederick-Morgan Grade (County Route 600). Make a sharp right and
continue .4 miles to Log Cabin Campground on the left.

>From the West:

Take I-70 or I-68 East to Hancock, MD. At Hancock take US 522 South
into VA. About 5 miles inside of VA, make a left unto County Road 694.