FW: May Laurel Acceptances and Returns

Poster: PETERSR@spiegel.becltd.com (Peters, Rise J.)

From: Corun MacAnndra

Caitlin wrote:

> Lady Rhiannon Ui Neill, Triton Principal Herald, Atlantia wrote:
>
> >>The name is being returned for lack of documentation. The armory is
> >>being returned for a redraw, as it was not clear, even on the large
> >>emblazon, whether the animal was a cow as blazon, or a goat, what
> >>the submitter apparently wanted.
>
> How does this work?  When I submitted my device, I was told not to worry
> about the fact that I can't draw, that if my drawing wasn't good enough to

> make it clear that I meant a dumbek and not a goblet, the heralds would
look
> at the blazon and judge accordingly.

Is there not a place on the submission form where one writes, in the
language
of Heralds, the device? If so, then logic follows that if it says cow, even
though the beast looks like a goat drawn by a four year old, then cow it is.
I have been told on many occasions that certain things are the generic thing
itself rather than a specific variant of the thing. For example, a ship is a
ship is a ship, whether it is a drekkar or a galleon, and that the only
things
that matter are coloration (eg. of sails) or facing direction (there may be
more differences that I don't know, I use these as examples). Herein then
logic follows that no matter how the ship is drawn or described, it is a
ship
to the Heralds and nothing else.

Ergo, a cow, no matter how badly drawn, is not a goat, and a ship, no matter
how described, is a ship. I do not understand how the Heralds can have any
confusion over what seems to be a very clear distinction. But then I am not
a Herald. Perhaps we would all benefit from further elucidation.

In service,
Corun

 --
     Corun MacAnndra   |   Dark Horde by birth   |   Moritu by choice
 I do not understand objections to 'cruel and unusual' punishment. While a