Re: Heraldic help

Poster: Stephen Mumford <redline@catharsis.com>

> >And true, while more people can write than they can draw, as someone said,
> >more people can draw than they can blazon properly.
>
> But the blazon is the herald's job.  Are you saying the local herald might
> not have a clue?

Well, as I have understood it, although there is a place on the submission
sheet for the blazon, that is for use of the (Kingdom? laurel?) herald and
not the local herald.  There is a spot ("Notes to the artist") that the
local herald can put their idea of the proper blazon, but it is not
required, and from what I gather, seldom used.

Julien