Re: Awards and Stuff

Poster: Heather Swann <swannh@psi.com>

>> >Examples of alternative methods, please?
>>
>> AoA's...then Court Baronies.....um...I think that's it.....oh, Grants of
>> Arms...I think that's it.  At least nothing else comes to mind.
>
>How about "Thank You Very Much?"
>
>We have a huge variety of methods of recognizing and encouraging service.
>How about saying "Thank You?"
<snip>>
>The Kingdom Orders are a hammer of a certain size.  The Peerage Orders are
>a much larger hammer.  Just because we have these two sizes of hammers,
>nobody should interpret everything out there as a nail.  Use your
>imagination, look inside your toolbox.
>
>Awards are useful.  Don't let their existence cripple your ability to
>think of ways to say thank you.
>

>Dafydd ap Gwystl

I was taking the saying of "Thank you" as a given.  I recognize that one
can say 'thank you' and I try to say it as often as possible, for one
thing, it's just basic courtesy.  And it's not said nearly enough, at least
in this Kingdom, as far as I can see.  Granted, your mileage may vary.

We were speaking in terms of awards.

Miri