Re: Awards and Stuff

Poster: Michael and MJ Houghton <herveus@access.digex.net>

> Poster: Heather Swann <swannh@psi.com>

                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> >> AoA's...then Court Baronies.....um...I think that's it.....oh, Grants of
> >> Arms...I think that's it.  At least nothing else comes to mind.
> >
> >How about "Thank You Very Much?"
> >
> >We have a huge variety of methods of recognizing and encouraging service.
> >How about saying "Thank You?"
> <snip>>
> >The Kingdom Orders are a hammer of a certain size.  The Peerage Orders are
> >a much larger hammer.  Just because we have these two sizes of hammers,
> >nobody should interpret everything out there as a nail.  Use your
> >imagination, look inside your toolbox.
> >
> >Awards are useful.  Don't let their existence cripple your ability to
> >think of ways to say thank you.
> >

> >Dafydd ap Gwystl
> >
> I was taking the saying of "Thank you" as a given.  I recognize that one
> can say 'thank you' and I try to say it as often as possible, for one
> thing, it's just basic courtesy.  And it's not said nearly enough, at least
> in this Kingdom, as far as I can see.  Granted, your mileage may vary.
>
> We were speaking in terms of awards.

Actually, the discussion was NOT limited to awards. Personal thank yous are
a Good Think. Getting called up in court and given a public thank you is way
cool. Getting largesse from the crown, or some other random person is nice.

I can recall getting little thank yous from people I helped with their name
and/or device. They mean a lot.

Awards are limited. In most cases, once you've given it, you can't really
give it again. Like, what do you do to a Pelican who keeps on working? YOu
can't give them a Pelican again. (I know, shoot them... :))

yours,
Herveus