Re: rayon

Poster: karen@georesearch.com (Karen Green)

then Lady Kat wrote:

> Cool!  I didn't know that - I thought rayon was synthetic.  What fibers is
> it composed of?

It's produced by pressing cellulose acetate or some other cellulose
solution through very small holes and solidifying it in the form of
filaments.

Maybe not as natural as linen, cotton, silk, or wool, but darned close.
;)

Karen Larsdatter,
  whose court garb is a 15th century "Burgundian" houppelande in blue
rayon brocade ...