Re[2]: Leather Hardening

Poster: "Chuck Graves" <Chuck_Graves@mmacmail.jccbi.gov>

     Greetings,

     I'll pop in with yet another suggestion.  I hardened my breastplate
     using the following method:

        1) Fill camping coffee pot with paraffin;
        2) Melt the entire amount;
        3) Get a large dishpan (plastic works fine);
        4) Pour the wax over the piece and thoroughly soak it;
        5) Allow the excess to run off into the dishpan;
        6) Apply a couple of liberal coats;
        7) Clean up streaks or beads with a hair dryer.

     It is easier to do all this outside and with the help of a friend.  It
     probably works better than the brush technique because it gets to the
     leather quicker (less time to cool).

     Tadhg