Re: How you become King

Poster: Travis Brandel <travis@richmond.freedomnet.com>

> > If other criteria were added it would definately complicate the issue.
> > Right now it is a KISS system and the winner is very easy to identify.
> > However, it is possible for a person with a rather thick skin  to become
> > a very  powerful person and that does bother me to some extent.
>
> It's also possible that the marshals and opponents of a thick-skinned
> fighter will recognize this fact and call it to said fighter's
> attention.  I have heard of cases where rhino-hides have been removed
> from the field of battle, but I'm not sure if that's something that
> happened here or elsewhere.

Never happen. Doesn't matter if you knock someone off thier feet , they start to
hemmorage, andthen they get back up and assume a position. The minute you look at
someone and go " man, i think you should take that", you get a 30 minute diatribe on
honor, calibration, physics, ad nauseum...when its all over, you don't care if the
persons thick or not, you just want them to go away so your head will stop hurting from
the pointless smokescreen of babble.

> > I know, I know, honor and chivalry is expected of all the contestants, but we do
> > have to face the reality of things.  It is very easy to get highly
> > excited and honestly not register blow especially when fighting for such
> > an enormous prize (I perfer to view it this way rather than to say
> > someone intentionally blew off blows).
>
> It happens.  That's when you've got to hope, both for the safety of the
> rhino-hide and the safety of his opponent that a hold is called.
> Rhino-hiding can be hazardous to your health ...

Usually only when you swing at one.