Pennsic First-timer -- Questions

Poster: Michael Matheron <MMATHERON@crs.loc.gov>

I imagine you've already left town, but just in case tere are still some Pennsic
veterans left. . . .

I've been away from SCA for about 15 years, though I've taken my son to a
couple events here in our D.C. area.   I'm going to Pennsic with my 13 yr. old
son, Brian, for four days (Aug. 9 - 13).  We have a good idea of how to get
there (thanks to the threads about roads!), and have contacted the campsite
folks and set that up.  We've visited the net sites, and listers Caitlin, Nicholas
of Derbyshire, and others have been most helpful -- even to the extent of
sharing their packing lists!

I'm wondering, though, are there some things that you veterans think are
"MUSTS" for first-time Pennsicers like us ?  Particularly for my son's fun and
edification (he's 13, and VERY interested in Irish Celtic history, etc.).  What
would you recommend?  Also, what  would you recommend against, if
anything?  I'm especially interested in the little, hidden, or surprising events,
moments, etc. that you think worthwhile for us initiates.

Thanks!!    Michael, et fils