RE: Pennsic First-timer -- Questions -Reply

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

At the risk of starting a "great debate" I'd recommend waiting until
dusk
and not walking in the dark alone.  Especially if a teenager wants to
go somewhere.  I always recommend using common travel ways and
walking with a friend at night - especially for first time Pennsicers.

As a single female at Pennsic these days I often get yelled at by camp-
mates for walking alone at night.  I don't know that there's any
documented
stories of attacks, etc. but there are always rumors and SCA has its
own share of "lulus" willing to try anything at a huge event like this.
It always pays to be on the safe side.

My hope is not to fill mailboxes with rumors about problems at previous
Pennsics but it's always good to take note.  In my mind Pennsic
becomes a city for 2 weeks and you always have potential problems
that any large groups have.

Rebecca