Re: History of a SCAdian

Poster: Temp Receptionist <HRN.TEMP@novell.com>

OH LUCKY YOU!!!!
MY daughter was three at her first pennsic.while being tucked into bed the
night after great court she asked her AUntie...My mistress of the Laurel..."
How many queenth are there?"
 Auntie Mistress(this was Pennsic 19)"There are 12 my poppet!"
(Poppet scowls slightly at this information)"That'th too many!)
Auntie Mistress"why my angel?Do you want to be queen?"
Poppet(also now known as Bambi's worry)"No Aunti, I want to be
                               Empreth"
The firghtening thing is, 2 years later again at Pennsic, she anounced that
she had finally come up with a plan to achieve this..she was going
toAuthorize to fight and take on all the queens..there by becomming Empress
By RIght Of Arms.
epilogue
She is now 10, 5'4" with the figure of a goddess or atleast what a goddess
WISHES she were shaped like, long chocolate brown natural ringlets to her
shoulders..(when straghtend it is to her waist) a pretty singing voice a not
a CLUE as to the fact that young men TWICE her age have been asking me if
she is court-able yet..every Pennsic I swear I am painting all her garb with
a 15 with a bar running through it as a warning to others.She is a good kid,
but even the gaurd dogs at our encampment last year were out of there
legue...she cant wait to rule the KNWON WORLD!!!
Bambi
>>> <bribow@erols.com> 07/31/97 10:21PM >>>

Poster: bribow@erols.com

Vast snipage here.

  The more important issue is what about our children?  We have a five
year old and two and a half year old.  Our five year old is involved.
She announced last year that she wanted to meet a prince and that she is
a princess.  We then went to Highland River Forde Melee's where Milady
Franca's son was dressed as a prince.  They had a ball playing in the
stream. That clinched her decision, when my daughter grows up she wants
to be Queen Elizabeth.