Sekanjabin

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

THL Bryce de Byrum asked me to email this recipe to him, after he tried a
batch of mine this Pennsic.  Unfortuneately, I do not know what his email
address is.  I do know that he shares an account with someone else, and
I'm pretty sure he reads this list, and seeing as this recipe is of
general interest, I thought I would share with all.  Byrum, if you get
this, send me a little note (E#, preferable--sorry minstrel humor).

This recipe came to me from Lady Sine ni (long Gaelic name that is
actually pronounce "Day" but is spelled more like
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious), sorry Sine.

Sekanjabin
Dissolve 4 cups of sugar in 2 1/2 cups water.
When it comes to a boil, add 1 cup wine vinegar.
Simmer for 1/2 hour.
Add a handful of fresh mint leaves, remove from heat, and cool.
Remove mint leaves and dilute to taste with water.
(5 to 10 parts water to 1 part syrup).

I use red wine vinegar with mine.  The syrup itself lasts forever and
needs no refrigeration (great for Pennsic).  I just mix with water as I
need it.  One batch usually lasts me and 3-4 other people the whole war,
as it makes several gallons, and we suppliment it with other drinks like
water and lemonade.  I like to mix it with enough water to kill the
vinegar taste, but that is personal preference, some like it really
strong.  BTW, I'm told this drink comes from Persia.

Have fun, and enjoy!
Aye,
Eogan

           "I brought ye to the ring.  Now dance best ye can."
   Matthew Allen Newsome            |	    Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn
   intern consultant/curator	    |       Atlantian Royal Bard
   Scottish Tartan Museum           |	    Chronicler, MSoB
   & Heritage Center	    	    |	    (Militant Society of Bards)
   http://intertekweb.com/tartans/  |	    Clan Og, SCA
   <tartans@dnet.net>               |       "IT'S ONLY A GAME!"