Re: Sekanjabin

Poster: "Erica Stark" <ejstark@hotmail.com>

>Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>
>
>At 05:25 PM 8/21/97 -0500, one of the Eogans wrote:
>>Sekanjabin
>[...]
>Unless I misremember, Cariadoc also has a recipe for this in his
>Miscellany, for comparison purposes. I've heard of trying this with
>fruit-flavored vinegars, as well. One thing that I tried that others
seemed
>to like is to add a little (*very* little) rose water to the syrup to
take
>the edge off the vinegar - be careful, 'cause it's easy to put in too
much
>rose water! Also, exotic mints, such as lemon mint or chocolate mint
(yes,
>there really is such a thing!) also work well with this.
>
>Regards,
>Duncan

>Tom Brady             tabrady@mindspring.com          SCA: Duncan
MacKinnon

 There is a local brand of organic cider vinegar (The A.P. Thomson
Family's Golden Acres) that makes great switchel(sp?)water (vinegar&
honey in water).   I keep meaning to try it with the sekanjabin recipe,
one of these days.  Chocolate mint,btw, has a taste that's almost like a
peppermint patty.

Erica Poitevins