Glastonbury Chair plans and a suitable looking table too.

Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>

Some of the best plans for a Glastonbury Chair from the Only book
currently in print in English on Medieval Furniture by Daniel
Diehl are currently in the September issue of Popular Woodworking.
It also has pull out enlargements for some of the design elements.
I have the book and separate articles on the chairs from other
publications. These plans aren't bad at all...

Separately there is a nice Arts and Crafts table that doesn't
look too unMedieval and is collapsible. For that matter, so is the
chair. But the plans aren't for rank amateurs, some woodworking
skill and determination will be required. I know, I built a great
many pieces of furniture and cabinets in my day. But don't let
that stop you for a moment. :-)

If you can't find it you can contact them at 515-280-1721. It is
supposed to sell until 9/22/97.

                M. Magnus Malleus
               Elvegast, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia and the GDH.