Re: University

Poster: Beth Morris <bmorris@access.digex.net>

Doug Munitz,Sven Olafssen;Maria Munitz wrote:

> You're making the assumption that southern groups haven't made bids.  They
> have.   Granted the majority live up north, so it makes sense to have  more
> up there, but not to forget those of us down here.  We are very grateful to
> Mistress Deirdre down here.  Also, at times it has been posted which region
> it will be held , such as the next one which will be held in the north.  If
> it's so hard to find a northern group to host a University, then maybe the
> central and southern groups should go ahead and submit bids anyway.

The tradition has been that University sessions rotate around the
kingdom.  The rotation has been flexible depending on the number of
sessions held in a given year but there has been a concerted effort to
make sure that there is a session somewhere towards the southern reaches
of the kingdom every year or two.  In fact there is now a regional
deputy to the Chancellor for just such a purpose.

I'd certainly encourage groups in the south to begin looking to next
year for another session ~ start looking at requirements, looking at
possible sites, etc.

On the other matter:

This whole argument of it being hard(er) for people to get to events in
the south/north/VA/East Jepippsville
is patently ridiculous; any event that is closer to one end of the
kingdom than the other is bound to be harder to get to for folks at the
other end.  A fact of life, and one of the possible arguments for a P..
Pr...Principality.  (Bet y'all didn't think I could say that!!)

Keilyn